About the Firm
Toledo Social Security Lawyer Handles Disability and SSI Claims
Established Ohio firm also represents clients in family law and workers’ compensation matters
When your health or family life is disrupted, an experienced lawyer can help protect your rights and financial well-being. My firm, David E. Friedes & Associates, provides strong representation to clients throughout Lucas County in disability claims, workers’ compensation actions, and divorces. From my Toledo office, I have guided clients to positive results for more than three decades. Whether you’re seeking Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, have been hurt on the job, or are ending a marriage, I’ll make sure you are well aware of the pertinent legal standards and advocate for a resolution that puts you in the best possible position going forward.
Proven Toledo attorney provides effective counsel to Ohio clients
Since 1984, my firm has delivered effective legal support to clients in Lucas County and other locations. Regardless of your particular circumstances, you can rely on me to:
- Prepare you for life changes — Challenges such a long-term injury or the end of marriage can affect you and your loved ones for the rest of your lives. It’s essential to make well-informed decisions so that you can start a new chapter on sound footing. As an experienced adviser and advocate, I will help you assert your rights and safeguard your interests.
- Analyze and explain key documents — Dealing with complicated procedures and confusing documents is a significant hurdle to many people involved in disability, workers’ compensation and family law matters. Whatever your case entails, I’ll explain relevant documents clearly and outline how your case will proceed.
- Deliver personalized counsel — I work one on one with every client and know how difficult it can be to address these personal matters. In every case, my firm develops a sound strategy tailored to each individual’s situation and goals.
Clients recommend me to people they know because I do more than just argue cases. I provide knowledgeable, comprehensive guidance at every stage of the legal process.
Areas of Practice
Knowledgeable advocate works to secure benefits from the Social Security Administration
My firm assists clients with concerns relating to:
- Social Security Disability — If you are unable to work because of a physical or mental condition for at least one year but were employed steadily before that, you should be entitled to Social Security Disability. I’ll review your situation and handle initial filings and appeals to get you the payment you deserve.
- Long-term disability — In cases involving private insurers and public employee benefit systems, my firm advocates for people pursuing appropriate payments under their long-term disability coverage.
- Supplemental Security Income — Disabled, blind and elderly individuals can apply for Supplemental Security Income benefits if they are having trouble paying basic expenses. Should you believe that you might be eligible, I can explain the relevant rules and procedures.
- Family law — Divorce and other family law matters present legal, financial and emotional challenges. After discussing your objectives, I’ll create a plan to obtain fair terms for issues such as custody, child support, property division and alimony.
- Workers’ compensation — After an employment-related injury or illness, my firm takes action to file workers’ compensation initial claims and appeals so that workers are reimbursed for medical expenses and lost income.
I am admitted to practice in Ohio and can handle Social Security Administration matters for clients throughout the United States, including Michigan and upstate New York.
Speak with an accomplished Ohio Social Security benefits lawyer
David E. Friedes & Associates represents clients in Lucas County and the surrounding area in a wide range of benefits claims and family law matters. Please call 419-842-9902 or contact me online
to schedule an appointment at my office in Toledo.